Hundreds of participants had fun on the college’s Community Day, Saturday, September 27, 2014. After a dreary week, the weather turned in the college’s favor to become a beautiful fall day.
Join fellow faculty, staff, alumni and friends of Craven Community College for a day of fun and education on Saturday, September 27!
If you haven’t put it on your calendar, now is the time! Because…we have many exciting activities and entertainment planned for all ages!
WHAT: Community Day at Craven Community College – FREE EVENT
WHEN: Saturday, September 27, 2014
JOIN OUR EVENT ON FACEBOOK!
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The community will enjoy FREE entertainment, activities for children, displays, education open house, and will learn about past, present and future of Craven! Scheduled to appear:
- Bryan Mayer and his band – winner 2014 Best Male Country Vocalist by the Carolina Music Awards. He is one of our very own, so proud of him! (Bryan attended Craven and was a member of ENCORE! singing ambassadors)
- Craven Community Chorus – “The Beat Goes On” performance featuring students from our ENCORE! singing ambassadors
- 2nd MAW Marine Corps Rock Band “Aviators”
- Russell Seefoe Canady Rap artist who was nominated for Best New Artist at the 2014 Carolina Music Awards,Were also proud to call SeeFoe one of our very own!
- Open House – Workforce Development, Curriculum and Student Clubs will host educating and fun activities for all ages
- Helicopter, fire truck, classic cars, Knight the Panther
- Food and drink concessions – Fundraising in support of student clubs and organizations
Here is Bryans latest song, This is me Come see him perform on Community Day!
2:00, 4:15 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
The colleges Lifetime Learning Center will host a “British Isle Invasion” film festival featuring three international films. More information: http://cravencc.edu/llc/international-films/
WHERE: Craven Community College – New Bern campus – 800 College Court
WHO: College faculty, staff and students (past, present and future), and area residents and families.
WHY: The Community Day is an opportunity for Craven Community College to thank the community for its 50 years of support and educate the community about the college. The Community Day event is sponsored by the Craven Community College Foundation.
Please contact Deborah Kania at firstname.lastname@example.org, 252-638-7210 or email@example.com